Wednesday 18 January 2012

DIY: Manicure

Why not give yourself a manicure?! Not only is it convenient but also inexpensive.
 
Hey everyone,
I know beauty treatments can get costly for some people. So that is why I ought to do a DIY Mini Series! The first part to this series is giving yourself a manicure. I love doing this because I can do it whenever I want to from the comfort of my home. So here is my step-by-step routine!

 
1. Remove nail polish with polish remover. It is still good to use the remover even if your don't have nail polish on as it makes your nail polish stay on longer.
 
2. First grab a bowl of warm to hot water (whatever suits you best). Put your fingertips in so that all your nails are in the water. Let them soak for ten to fifteen minutes. This enables your nails to be soft and more easy to work with.
3. Rub a tiny bit of hand cream onto your hands. You don't want too much that your hands become to slippery to do the rest of the manicure straight after.
4. File your nails to suit you so that they are a nice shape!
5. Next, buff, smooth and shine your nails to minimise ridges and create a good surface to paint.
 
6. Use a cuticle oil or cream to apply on each and every cuticle. This nourishes the cuticles and is a great preparation for the next step. Push your cuticles with a cuticle pusher. Be careful not to hurt your cuticles while doing this.
7. Finally paint your nails. Remember to apply a base and top coat to make it long lasting and have a nice shine.

So that is how I give myself and others a manicure! Let me know if you tried this in the comments below! Enjoy!
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment